We asked HAWL founder, Christine Lees, her views on the subject of anecdotes. Referring to almost 20 years of feedback surveys from HAWL course attendees Chris put forward these notes.
It appears that these self same anecdotes are repeated up and down the country. Our Farm Homeopathy newspaper includes information from nearly 50 farmers/users, conventional and organic, on big estates and small family farms and the same themes appear over and over again.
The “anecdotes” are repeated every time and can be summed up as:
They use homeopathy to:
- prevent and treat problems;
- save time (in attending to sick animals or difficult births) money and lives;
- avoid contamination, resistances and loss of production;
They have found it helps them
- improve their general management (in looking behind the superficial symptoms to the underlying causes);
- adhere to their own philosophy of farming and safeguard the integrity of what they offer to consumers;
- do something for their animals themselves, often when there is no conventional answer.
It gives them
- Satisfaction, “a buzz”!
- Fewer problems,
- lose fewer animals,
- see healthier stock.
HAWL Farmers measure their success in terms of problem free production and sales. Their income depends on having healthy animals, so, as for any farmer, success can be measured in terms of productivity, cash flow and profit, but essentially they use it …… “because it works”.