LOCAL ON-FARM SUPPORT GROUPS :
- These are subsidised by HAWL so you get 3 hours of support and teaching.
- Farmers who have committed to these groups are finding their confidence growing but most importantly they are thriving on the support of other farmers.
- Each session is taught by a HAWL teacher and follows a theme BUT you do not need to attend consecutive sessions to benefit.
- PLEASE RSVP to the organiser if you know you can attend, otherwise just turn up on the day.
- Open to all HAWL farmers (Non HAWL farmers are welcome to sit in and observe but cannot to take part as we are unable to bring people up to speed)
- Please bring your own refreshments.
- Sorry, no dogs please.
11am – 2pm
Forde Grange Farmhouse, Park Lane, Thorncombe, Chard, TA20 4NQ
Peter Gregory MRCVS
Host: Jane Western
RSVP: email@example.com 07740775648
Although it’s fine to come along on the day, if you know you can make it please RSVP Jane so she has an idea of numbers.
Please arrive a little earlier as the session WILL start on time!
Directions: Satnav may take you to the goat farm next door. You want Park Lane not Wheelhouse Lane.
Fosbury House, Wood Farm, Wroughton, Swindon, Wiltshire, SN4 9BZ
Jackie Pearce-Dickens LCPH
Organiser: Chris Gosling
RSVP: firstname.lastname@example.org 07901 757768.
If you know you can make it please RSVP Chris so she has an idea of numbers.
Please bring something to share for lunch. This is a lovely friendly group and host Chris Gosling is a Buddy Farmer so knows her stuff!
Directions: Just off M4 and easy to find with Satnav although farm sign is not that obvious.
Oakwood Veterinary Centre, Babbinswood Farm, Whittington, Oswestry, Shropshire, SY11 4PF
Barbara Jones MRCVS
Organiser: Katie Talbot
RSVP: email@example.com 01691 679699
This is a brand new group so PLEASE RSVP Katie.
If you are in North Wales or Shropshire, please support it.
Non HAWL Farmers very welcome to observe.
Directions: Farmyard is just off road and is marked by Oakwood Veterinary Centre sign high up on wall, and by A-board for farm shop.
Smiling Tree Farm, Chapel Lawn, Bucknell, SY7 0BW
Barbara Jones MRCVS
Host: Christine Page
Organiser: Meg Thorpe
RSVP: firstname.lastname@example.org 01691 679699
It’s fine to turn up on the day but if you know you can make it, please RSVP Meg so she has an idea of numbers.
Bio-Security: NO FARM FOOTWEAR, NO DOGS and NO SHOES INDOORS PLEASE
Directions: Search for ‘Smiling Tree Farm’ on GoogleMaps. Look for small purple sign at end of farm track. Go round sharp bend, to white gate on left with another purple sign (ignore earlier wooden gate or you’ll end up in our cattle shed!). Pass farm shop to oak barn behind the house – meeting room up the steps behind the small baler.
Pantglas, Llanboidy, Hitland, Carmarthenshire, SA34 0EX
Organiser: Sally Wood
RSVP: email@example.com 01691 679699
If you know you can make it, please RSVP Sally so she has an idea of numbers. Otherwise, just turn upon the day.
Directions: SatNav will take you to Quarry Farm. Ignore this and head UPHILL with Quarry Farm on your LEFT. (On a clear day you will see wind turbines – head for these.) At the top of the hill, entrance to Pantglas is tucked right in the corner on a sharp angled bend. Keep left on track at fork. Park in yard.
– August 16th – Chard, Somerset
– August 21st – Swindon, Wiltshire
– August 22nd – Oswestry, NW Shropshire NEW!
– September 12th – Bucknell, South Shropshire
– September 14th – Llanboidy, Carmarthenshire
SEE INDIVIDUAL GROUPS FOR BOOKING INFORMATION
PRICE £15 (Receipts can be issued)
IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO HOST A MEETING YOURSELF, PLEASE CONTACT firstname.lastname@example.org