Terms and conditions
These are our terms and conditions:
Homeopathy at Wellie Level
About Us & Contact Details
www.hawl.co.uk is operated by Homeopathy at Wellie Level (HAWL), a Not-for-Profit Private Limited Company registration number 07034869, registered to Church Cottage, Alderton, Nr Chippenham, SN14 6NL. You can contact us in the following ways if you have a query or wish to offer your feedback or suggestions:
Post: HAWL, Church Cottage, Alderton, Nr Chippenham, SN14 6NL
Homeopathy at Wellie Level (HAWL) Terms and Conditions
These Terms and Conditions are governed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. You agree, as do we, to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts. Please read these terms of service carefully. By using www.hawl.co.uk you signify your agreement to be bound by these terms. HAWL may revise this Agreement at any time by updating these Terms and Conditions. You should visit this page periodically to review this Agreement.
1. Website Ownership of Material, Software Licenses & Intellectual Property Rights
1.1) All materials displayed or otherwise accessible through this website, including, without limitation, articles, text, photographs, images, illustrations, computer software and code, and the website, itself, are protected under the law of England and Wales and foreign copyright or other laws, and are owned by Hawl.co.uk.
1.2) Any use, reproduction, modification, alteration, public performance or display, uploading or posting onto the internet (including placing on another website), transmission, redistribution or other exploitation of this website or of any content, whether in whole or in part, other than expressly set out herein, is prohibited without the express written permission of HAWL.
1.3) All software embedded in or located on or at this website, including, without limitation, all computer code of all types, including all files and/or images contained in or generated by such software (Software) is protected by copyright and may be protected by other rights. All such Software is owned by HAWL, its licensors or the party accredited with ownership of such Software. You are hereby granted the right to access and use the Software embedded and integrated into this website, subject to:
- the Terms and Conditions of this Agreement, and
- any additional Conditions which may be imposed on your access and use of such Software.
If this website provides Software for download, unless otherwise provided, you are hereby granted, subject to:
- the Terms of this Agreement and
- any other Terms and conditions that may apply to your downloading and use of such Software, a personal, non-transferable, non-exclusive license to:
- install and run one copy of the Software in object-code format on a non-networked computer for your personal, non-commercial use; and
- reproduce the Software only as reasonably required to install, run and make reasonable backup copies as allowed by law.
Except to the extent expressly permitted in this Agreement, you may not:
- use, reproduce, modify, adapt, translate, upload, download or transmit the Software in whole or in part;
- sell, rent, lease, license, trade, transfer or otherwise provide access to the Software;
- alter, remove or cover any trademarks or proprietary notices included in the Software; and/or
- disassemble, decrypt, extract or reverse engineer the Software or assist others in doing so.
Nothing contained in this website shall be construed as granting you any right, title, interest or other license in or to any Software embedded or integrated into this website or made available for download from this website, including, but not limited, to any intellectual property rights in the Software.
All Software embedded or integrated into this website is provided as Is, without warranties of any kind, either express or implied, including, without limitation, any warranty
- that the Software is of merchantable quality or is fit for any particular purpose;
- that the Software will conform with any specification(s) relating to the Software;
- that the Software will be free from material defects;
- that the Software contains no computer viruses or other contaminants; or
- that the Software shall process date-related and time-related data without causing any processing interruptions, abnormal termination or process or manipulate any time-related data.
This website and all content is provided on an ‘as is’ basis. By accessing and using this website you acknowledge and agree that use of this website and the content is entirely at your own risk.
HAWL makes no representations nor warranties regarding this website and the content, including, without limitation, no representation or warranty:
- that this website and/or content will be complete, accurate, reliable, suitable or timely;
- that any content, including, without limitation, any information, data, software, product or service contained in or made available through this website will be of merchantable quality or fit for a particular purpose;
- that the operation of this website will be uninterrupted or error free;
- that defects or errors in this website will be corrected;
- that this website will be free from viruses or harmful components; and
- that communications to or from this website will be secure or not intercepted.
- Homeopathic and Veterinary Information
2.1) HAWL provides information for educational purposes only. We do not warrant that information we provide will meet the health or veterinary requirements of any individual case or animal.
2.2) HAWL does not provide homeopathic or veterinary advice in relation to any individual case or animal, nor does it provide veterinary or diagnostic services. Neither the video, audio files or other information and materials made available to you through the provision of our services are intended to offer or provide veterinary advice. If you require veterinary advice, you should contact a suitably qualified veterinary professional. No information given on the website hawl.co.uk, or via any other media or method, is intended to replace a qualified veterinary professional.
2.3) HAWL relies on third parties to provide its online webinars and associated materials. HAWL does not confirm the accuracy of any information contained in any online webinar, associated notes or transcripts, or any other information provided as part of our online training services.
2.4) HAWL disclaims any liability for direct, indirect or consequential loss arising in connection with the use of the contents of this website or our services or materials (including any veterinary information) or reliance on those contents by any person or organisation, whether in its original form or altered in some way by the user.
2.5) HAWL gives no warranties nor does HAWL make any representation in respect of the contents of this website (including any homeopathic or veterinary information).
3. Limitation of Liability
(A) To the extent permitted by law HAWL aggregate liability to you, whether for breach of these Terms or in negligence or in any other form or for any other common law or statutory cause of action arising in relation to these Terms, the site or the content is limited to the following, the choice of which is at HAWL’s sole discretion:
- In the case of goods any one or more of the following:
- the replacement of the goods or the supply of equivalent goods;
- the repair of the goods;
- the payment of the cost of replacing the goods or of acquiring equivalent goods; or
- the payment of the cost of having the goods repaired; or
- in the case of services:
- the supply of the services again; or
- the payment of the cost of having the services supplied again.
(B) To the extent permitted by law HAWL will not be liable for any direct, incidental, consequential or indirect damages, loss or corruption of data, loss of profits, goodwill, bargain or opportunity or loss of anticipated savings resulting from your access to, or use of, or inability to use the site and the content, whether based on warranty, contract, negligence or any other legal theory, and whether or not we know of the possibility of such damage.
(C) HAWL will have no liability and is not obliged to waive the Membership fee if you cannot access the online material due to firewalls, other hardware or software issues within your system or failure of any system by you. It is your responsibility to check that the link works on your system.
(D) HAWL reserves the right to vary or cancel a course or event where the occasion necessitates and accepts no liability if, for whatever reason, the course or event does not take place.
(E) If a jurisdiction does not allow the exclusion or limitation of liability in accordance with paragraph (A), (B), (C), (D) or (E) but allows a limitation of a certain maximum extent then our liability is limited to that extent.
HAWL expressly disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions or conduct of any third-party user of this website or any advertiser or sponsor of the website. Under no circumstances shall HAWL and its associates, directors, employees, or licensors, be liable for any injury, loss, damage (including special, indirect, incidental or consequential damages) or expense arising in any manner whatsoever from:
- the acts, omissions or conduct of any third-party user; and
- any use or inability to use any materials, software, content, goods or services located at or made available at any web site linked to or from this website.
If you decide to access or use any linked web site or content, materials, software, goods or services from a web site linked to this website, you do so entirely at your own risk.
You hereby release HAWL and its associates, directors, employees, licensors and their respective successors and assigns, from any damages that you incur, and agree not to assert any claims against them, arising from your purchase or use of any products or services made available through this website or by third parties through this website.
4. Force Majeure Event
HAWL will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations under these Terms that is caused by events outside our reasonable control (Force Majeure Event) including:
- civil commotion, riot, invasion, terrorist attack or threat of terrorist attack, war
- fire, explosion, storm, flood, earthquake, subsidence, epidemic or other natural disaster
- impossibility of the use of public or private telecommunications networks.
5. Links, Downloads, Features and Advertisements
This website contains links to third-party web sites. These links are provided solely as a convenience to you and not as an endorsement by HAWL of the contents of such third-party web sites.
5.1) We take no responsibility for the accuracy, content, or any aspect of that material, and disclaim any liability to you for such material or for any consequence of your decision to use the links provided or your use of such material. We also disclaim all liability and make no representations or warranties for any products or services sold or provided to you by any third party. Your purchase of products or services through one of those other sites is subject to agreements and/or the terms and conditions in effect between you and the providers of products and services at those other sites. You agree that you shall not bring a claim against HAWL, or any of our affiliates, arising from or based on your purchase or use of products or services through those other sites. Links do not imply that HAWL endorses, is affiliated to or associated with, or is legally authorised to use any trademark, trade name, logo, or copyright symbol displayed in or accessible through the links, or that any linked site is authorised to use any trademark, trade name, logo, or copyright symbol of HAWL or any of our affiliates.
5.2) HAWL is not responsible for the content of any third-party web site, nor does it make any representation or warranty of any kind regarding any third-party web site including, without limitation
- any representation or warranty regarding the legality, accuracy, reliability, completeness, timeliness, suitability of any content on any third-party web site;
- any representation or warranty regarding the merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose of any material, content, software, goods or services located at or made available through such third-party web sites; or
- any representation or warranty that the operation of the third-party web sites will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects or errors in such third-party websites will be corrected or that such third-party websites will be free from viruses or other harmful components.
5.3) While HAWL encourages links to this website, it does not wish to be linked to or from any third-party web site which:
- contains, posts or transmits any unlawful, threatening, abusive, libellous, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, pornographic, profane or indecent information of any kind, including, without limitation, any content constituting or encouraging conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any local, state, national or international law, regulation which may be damaging or detrimental to the activities, operations, credibility or integrity of com or which contains, posts or transmits any material or information of any kind which promotes racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual, could be harmful to minors, harasses or advocates harassment of another person, provides material that exploits people under the age of 18 in a sexual or violent manner, provides instructional information about illegal activities, including, without limitation, the making or buying of illegal weapons; or
- contains, posts or transmits any information, software or other material which violates or infringes upon the rights of others, including material which is an invasion of privacy, or which is protected by copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights. HAWL reserves the right to prohibit or refuse to accept any link to this website, including, without limitation, any link which contains or makes available any content or information of the aforementioned nature, at any time. You agree to remove any link you may have to this website upon the request of HAWL.
- denigrates: homeopathy, users of homeopathy, homeopathic veterinary surgeons, homeopathic practitioners, institutions or organisations, websites, blogs, publications.
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless HAWL and its associates, directors, employees, licensors and their respective successors and assigns, from and against any and all claims, demands, liabilities, costs or expenses whatsoever, including, without limitation, legal fees and disbursements resulting directly or indirectly from:
- your breach of any of the Terms and Conditions of this Agreement;
- your access, use or inability to access or use HAWL website or any HAWL website content or other content to which HAWL website is or may be linked to from time to time;
- your use of, reliance on, publication, communication or distribution, uploading or downloading of anything on or from the com website; and/or
- your violation of any law or regulation.
7. Registration and Use of Passwords
7.1) To access particular pages and features of this website, you may be asked to register with HAWL. You agree:
- that HAWL reserves the right to refuse registration access to any individual or organisation at any time
- to provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted by any form provided by HAWL and
- to maintain and promptly update the information you provide to keep it true, accurate, current and complete.
7.2) If HAWL has reasonable grounds to suspect that such information is misleading, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, HAWL has the right to suspend or terminate your access to and use of this website. HAWL use of any personally identifying information you provide as part of the registration process is governed by the Terms of HAWL.
8.1) To access particular pages of this website, you will need to use a username and password, which you will receive through our website registration process. It is your responsibility to maintain the confidentiality of the password and account, and you are responsible for all activities that occur using your password or account. You agree to notify HAWL immediately of any unauthorised use of your password or account or any other breach of security, and to ensure that you exit from your account at the end of each session.
8.2) HAWL cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure or HAWL failure to protect your password or account information.
9. Security of Information on the Internet
You should note that information sent or received over the Internet cannot be guaranteed as secure and hawl.co.uk cannot and does not make any representation or warranty concerning security of any communication to or from this website or any representation or warranty regarding the interception by third parties of personal or other information.
10. Governing Law and Jurisdiction
10.1) Any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with the use of hawl.co.uk (including non-contractual disputes or claims), shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the law of England and Wales.
10.2) By using the website hawl.co.uk you irrevocably agree that the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim that arises out of or in connection with this agreement or its subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims).
“Membership” refers to any paid service accessed online via hawl.co.uk.
11.1) By submitting your details to access any content on, or by, hawl.co.uk you agree to these Terms and Conditions and to becoming one of the following types of member:
- Annual Member (12 month Minimum Membership paid in advance)
- Monthly Member (12 month Minimum Membership paid monthly)
11.2) By submitting your details you agree to receive communications from HAWL
11.3) Minimum Membership Period – Minimum Membership Period (MMP) is defined as the minimum agreement length for any paid membership outlined above, from initial date of details submission (unless otherwise stated as part of a special offer). The MMP for all memberships above (and future memberships offered by HAWL) is 12 months.
11.4) Money Back Guarantee – all new memberships come with a 10-day Money Back Guarantee. If you are not completely satisfied with any element of our service or your membership, then you may cancel your membership and request a refund of monies paid during the first 10 days from sign-up. This offer only applies if you have viewed under 3 hours of HAWL content. In this instance, you will be given a refund on membership (minus admin fees of £10).
11.5) Payment Terms – you agree to make payment equal to your annual membership fee as detailed in your individual payment schedule. Payments are to be made via PayPal portal (including credit or debit card) unless expressly agreed by HAWL in writing.
11.6) Membership Renewals – We agree to inform you 1 month prior to your renewal date with details of your membership and payment schedule for the upcoming 12 months. You will have the option of cancelling your membership at this point. When we renew your annual membership subscription, we will use the payment method currently associated with your account.
11.7) Membership Fees – from time to time we may increase your membership fees. We will notify you at least 1 month prior to any changes, which will only apply at your next point of renewal. If you do not agree to the changes you may cancel your membership at the next point of renewal as per clause 11.6.
11.8 Membership Cancellation
11.8.1) individual purchases including, but not limited to Audio/Video Files, on-line Courses, Webinars, cannot be cancelled once purchased. No refund will be applicable on any purchase which is not an ongoing online membership.
11.8.2) to cancel your membership we require 30 days’ via email to email@example.com and we will respond as soon as possible. Please note your membership is not cancelled until you have received written confirmation from HAWL.
11.8.3) to cancel your membership you must pay all fees due as per your individual payment schedule for the remainder of your Minimum Membership Period, as detailed above.
11.9) Failed Payments – you must pay all sums due to us from you as per your individual payment schedule as agreed at point of your original order. We reserve the right to charge a reasonable fee for administration and / or legal costs resulting from recovering sums owed by you to us. If you fail to pay us any sums when due we reserve the right to collect payment of all outstanding amounts within 14 days from written request by us.
12. The HAWL 3 Day Course
12.1) Only registered students who have paid their course fees AND SIGNED THEIR TERMS and CONDITIONS AGREEMENT will be admitted to participate. No visitors, no dogs.
12.2) Students must not wander away from the group when we are out on the farms. The host farm’s privacy must be respected. No photography is permitted.
12.3) The course handout materials and content remain the intellectual property and copyright of HAWL. All course materials and written notes are protected under the law of England and Wales and foreign copyright or other laws and are owned by HAWL.
12.4) Any use, reproduction, modification, alteration, public performance or display, uploading or posting onto the internet, redistribution or other exploitation of HAWL Course material, or of any HAWL content, whether in whole or in part, other than expressly set out herein, is prohibited without the express written permission of HAWL.
12.5) Sessions will be taken by qualified professional homoeopaths and homoeopathic veterinary surgeons.
12.6) HAWL does not provide homeopathic or veterinary advice in relation to any individual case or animal, nor does it provide veterinary or diagnostic services.
12.7) The teaching on the course is given in good faith, intending to help students understand how to make their own homeopathic decisions where they feel competent. HAWL teachers cannot and will not prescribe for any individual case or advise on or take responsibility for any animal. No information given during the course, or via any other media or method, is intended to replace a qualified veterinary professional.
12.8) Students will need to attend each day of the course in order to gain their completion certificate. If you are unable to complete a course, you will be able to join another at no extra cost.
12.9) Refunds: HAWL reserves the right to cancel or postpone a course at any time. Where a course is postponed or cancelled (other than due to Force Majeure. See 4 ) applicants will be given the option of a refund or transferring to the next available course. Fees are not otherwise refundable except in exceptional circumstances agreed with the organisers.
Reviewed may 2018